Culture Driven | Taste Obsessed
Hi, we’re Afroposure, your local social enterprise store championing diversity in food and drink.
We believe Black and ethnic minority entrepreneurs are underrepresented in the food and drink industry, so we're doing something about it. ACCESS, OPPORTUNITY and EXPOSURE are three barriers to entry preventing diverse entrepreneurs from thriving. We want to revolutionise the way independent brands are positioned by creating innovative channels to reach you, the customer.
Our mission started with a Discovery Box filled with independent Black owned snack brands and the positive feedback was more than we could have imagined. So we decided to bring forward the launch date of our online food store and here we are, the UK's first online store dedicated to products created by diverse entrepreneurs. But it doesn't end there as we have so much more on the horizon, so join us on our journey to increase diversity in food and drink.
Our 5% Pledge. We believe actions speak louder than words. That’s why we’re pledging 5% of all our profits to increase diversity in the UK's food and drink space. Each year, a 'soon to be' entrepreneur will be provided with funding, business support and mentorship to help them launch their product to the world.
Our Products. We only partner with brands once we’ve tasted their product and met the entrepreneurs. When you buy a product from Afroposure you can be sure each product satisfies the Afroposure checklist:
- Diverse Entrepreneurs. We’re on a mission to champion diversity in the food and drink space. That’s why all our products have been created by entrepreneurs from diverse backgrounds.
- Premium Ingredients. What we consume can be indulgent, healthy, or a mixture of both. One thing’s for sure, all our products contain premium ingredients that have been carefully sourced.
- Tasty. It’s simple. They taste great.
- Something New. We’re always on the lookout for something unique that can’t be found in your local store, so you’re not going to find your standard potato crisps or chocolate covered biscuits.
- Story to Tell. All the products sold are created by entrepreneurs with a fascinating story to tell. Like Philip from Füd who developed a great tasting, low sugar, natural caffeinated drink after struggling for years with chronic fatigue due to Sickle Cell Anaemia. Or Manny and Sam from Jungle Fruits who developed a dried fruit snack to encourage healthy eating and donate a percentage of their profits to save the jungle. We love learning about the entrepreneurs and we think you will too.